We invite all
same-gender loving men of African descent
to join us in the gathering for our
24th annual summer retreat:
Renewing the ADODI Spirit”
As we look forward to the 25th Annual Retreat in 2011, we felt it was only fitting to pause and reflect on the history of an organization which was started and sustained by SGL Brothers of Color. We are a people who believe in the concept of Sankofa; we should never go forward without looking back, and going back to reclaim what we may have forgotten so that the future can be assured.
This retreat is designed to explore the 24 year legacy of our fellowship. Through workshops, African inspired rituals, daily affirmations, sharing our stories and other activities we will:
- Revisit the ideals of the founders;
- Examine the changing face and needs of our community;
- Explore the diasporic nature of our membership;
- Discuss new directions for the future of ADODI nationally and locally
We look forward to welcoming you on this adventure of celebrating our past and solidifying our future.
Yours in the Spirit of ADODI,
The 2010 Retreat Planning Committee
Registration Fee Information
If paid in full by April 14th, 2010 $450.00
If paid in full by June 1st, 2010 $500.00
After June 1st, 2010 $550.00
Please complete, detach and mail the registration form with your payment to:
P.O. Box 60501
Chicago, Illinois 60660-0501
If you need a registration form you
can download a PDF (Adobe Acrobat) version from the
Nubian Knights Network YahooGroup
located under the FILES section here;
or email ME (ROD) at BIG.ROD02[at]GMAIL.COM
will the subject line clearly stating
ADODI Summer Retreat Registration Form Request
so that I know I'm NOT receiving SPAM or a VIRUS
from an unknown email address,
and I'll email you the form.
Starting March 15, You may register online at www.ADODIonline.com using a credit card, paypal or still opt to mail a check. If you opt to mail a check it must be postmarked by the April 14th deadline to receive the early registration price.
A service charge is added to online registrations.
Online pricing is below:
If paid in full by April 14th, 2010 $465.00
If paid in full by June 1st, 2010 $515.00
After June 1st, 2010 $570.00
- Round trip transportation from Detroit Metro International Airport, and downtown Detroit.
- Dinner Wednesday; 3 meals Thursday, Friday and Saturday; brunch Sunday.
- Double occupancy rooms.
- All retreat materials and a retreat t-shirt are also included.
Partial payments may be made at any time, however to receive the early registration fee the full price has to be paid by the deadline listed above.
Full retreat fee payments made after July 1st
must be made in the form of cashier's check or money order.
(NO PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED AFTER JULY 1ST).
Deposits and registrations are transferable but NON-REFUNDABLE.
Limited scholarships are available
to those who qualify for up to $225.00.
To request a scholarship application contact:
What To Bring:
- Casual attire including comfortable shoes, workout clothing and swimwear.
- Personal toiletries, medication, a beach towel, insect repellent, a flashlight.
- A plain white T-Shirt or white African garment with no logo's, colors or colored stitching for the Tribute to the Ancestors.
- African drums and bells.
- Musical instruments, pre-recorded or sheet music, poetry, costume(s) or other accessories if you wish to participate in the Talent Sharing.
- A desire to let yourself participate in a community of men who wish to affirm and accept you just as you are.
- A desire to affirm and accept others.
- Your spiritual gifts and the desire to explore/share them.
- Music, DVD’s, board games, card games.
- Large sums of money or expensive jewelry.
- Illegal drugs
- Alcoholic beverages
Neither ADODI National
nor Colombiere Retreat & Conference Center
can assume responsibility for lost or stolen articles.
This is a drug and alcohol free weekend.
For more information please contact:
Clarence Brown (Registration).......773/643-8265
Larry Rogers (Online Registration).......773/274-4093
Rickie Green (Workshops).......443/803-6909
Yes Jihad (Homestays).......734/846-6545
The gymnasium is located on the 2nd floor and is set up for volleyball, basketball or badminton, but is also available for general exercising. We also features an out-door heated pool. Pool activity is not supervised by a lifeguard, and towels are not provided. Overnight accommodations are available in dormitory style rooms for a maximum of 150 people depending on the use of the rooms. Bed linens and towels are provided.
ADODI's SILVER AGE 25TH ANNIVERSARY & ANNUAL
White Eagle Conference Center
Hamilton, New York
July 20th - 24th, 2011