~ AN AFROCENTRIC GATEKEEPERS PALACE FOR INFORMATION ~


Otta Benga, Formerly Enslaved
The Epitome of a Nubian Knight

Otta Benga, Formerly Enslaved<br>The Epitome of a Nubian Knight

Followers of Nubian Knights Network
"Thanks For The Support Everybody!!!"

QUOTATIONS OF "BLACK"

"Whenever I use BLACK it relates to some history of Africans in that particular place. It’s the idea of the color BLACK as a metaphor, or as a representation of African-Americans. It’s the notion of BLACK- BLACKNESS - and all its other meanings in relation to the history of race..."

- Fred Wilson



"Most of my fortitude to continue doing the work comes from the moral outrage I feel about the injustices that Black people endure disproportionately daily."

- N. Abdul-Wakil



"In the end, what matters is not skin shade but pan-African consciousness. Loving your complexion, your nose, lips, hair length and texture, no matter what the politics or trends decide, and simply be. That's the problem with us (African folks). We're still learning how to love ourselves. So used to glorifying others and putting others first..."

- Dredlocks Tree

The REEL Black Same Gender Loving Filmography Resource (A 24/7 ONLINE FILM DATABASE)

The REEL Black Same Gender Loving Filmography Resource (A 24/7 ONLINE FILM DATABASE)
Click The Pic To Access The Film Library Database! (166 Films)
LAST UPDATE: Monday, December 3rd, 2012

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

BIG ROD's E-Move to Nubian Knight Network and Greet The Press with The Future: New Multi-media Company Targeting the Black SGL Consumer

Hey Black Family,
I'm going to be experimenting by moving (or e-moving) all the information I send out to my Nubian Knights Network: Writings on the Black Wall BLOG which has been largely inactive the past year.

The benefit of this change is having all the information I send out archived in one location and accessible by YOU, the Black family. I've been resisting the blog world because, quite frankly, everybody and their damn mother has one, and I really didn't want to add to it. But after serving as a panelist (thank you Cornelius, it was an honor) and also listening as a concerned Black same gender loving humanitarian activist/citizen at last night's (Monday, June 22nd, 2009) Greet The Press with The Future: New Multi-media Company Targeting the Black Same Gender Loving Consumer (at The Brecht Forum), it is imperative more than ever that we as Black same gender loving folks tell and document our stories. And I have to put out a special THANKS to Laurence Pinckney who has been a very good friend to me and constantly staying on my ass for years now about doing this information blog thing because he feels I have a valuable voice in the community.

So anyway, I'll try it and see how this goes. My e-blasts will continue to be routinely posted to my Nubian Knights YahooGroup and the other numerous YahooGroups I post to that a lot of you rely on. That hasn't changed.

Also, to be honest I really get burned out doing this information e-blasting work sometimes. At the same time, the "BIG ROD" persona has grown on-line over the years (beyond my control, too, LOL!) and yet, every so often there will be a different social function I'll attend or that occasional email I'll receive from some brutha or sistah I don't know out there who THANKS me for the information I put out there they otherwise would not have known about. I'm surprised and moved beyond belief by someone I meet in person who is smiling and glad to meet "BIG ROD" face to face and so happy they like my voice in the wilderness and the invaluable info they get from my postings. So because of those experiences and last nights Greet The Press event, I continue to press on (no pun intended) and take breaks whenever I need to revitalize myself.














Lastly, MAN(!), I'll tell you what, I was in awe last night with the heavy hitters we had on-hand at Greet The Press. Progressive folks like Toyce Francis, Mike Street, Dwight, Nathan Seven, Cornelius Jones, Jr., Ra-Fael Blanco, Kirk Shannon-Butts, Derrick Briggs and the list goes on was ultra-qool assness! LOL! Also, I was pleased to see Black (SGL) photographers and videographers doing interviews and whatnot. It was so surreal because I told one person the press is usual white... but not last night it wasn't. It was US! As a first time effort, the talent and people at th event last night was never less than fucking POWERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, let me not ramble on. A humbled thanks to Richard Pelzer, Dwight Allen O'Neal, Nathan Seven Scott, Cornelius Jones, Jr. and anyway else I've forgotten for making Greet The Press with The Future: New Multi-media Company Targeting the Black Sam Gender Loving Consumer happen.

To start off my blog again, I have two links for y'all to check out:

The 38th Annual International African Arts Festiva (Thursday, July 2nd thru Sunday, July 5th, 2009)
http://nubianknightsnetwork.blogspot.com/2009/06/international-afr-ican-rts-festival.html

Employment Listings for YOU and Those YOU KNOW
http://nubianknightsnetwork.blogspot.com/2009/06/hey-black-family-friend-sent-following.html


Take care family and catch y'all on the rebound. Be qool!

--
ROD (aka BIG ROD)

ROD's Space: www.myspace.com/nubian_knights_network

BIG ROD's Photography: http://big-rod.jalbum.net (Turn Ya Speakers On 4 Some Bangin' Music While Ya Lookin')

Join ROD's Network: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nubian_knights_network/

No comments:

Post a Comment